The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Friday, August 12, 2011

No One Can Take Us Out of His Hand

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one (John 10). 

     The Jewish authorities would not believe in Jesus and the works that He did.  He told them that they were not His sheep.  Jesus’ sheep hear His voice and they follow Him.  We follow Him and I seek to follow Him.  He gives unto His people eternal life and they follow Him.  I am not sure if Jesus referred to those who were damned in a final sense since He asks God for forgiveness of those who crucified Him.  We know at that time these people did not belong to Him.  His people belong in His hands.  No one can touch them.  He loves His own and no one can take them out of His hand.  The Father gave the Son His people and He is greater then all.  The Father gives the desire to His people to love Him.  No one can snatch them out of His hand.  The Father and the Son are one in substance and purpose; that is, both the Father and the Son are divine and seek the spiritual redemption in Christ Jesus.  There is nothing more important in life then God and His purpose for our lives in enjoying and glorifying Him forever.  The Triune grip of the Father and the Son by His Spirit cannot lose any that are His.  The one Trinity cannot lose any that are His; that is, no one (not even ourselves) will want to be out of His hand.  No one will be lost that is the Lord’s.  No one falls through His fingers.  He has us in His eternal and everlasting grip.  We are to follow Christ no matter what and love Him as we remain in His hand.  Let us love Christ and make our calling and election sure through resting on His blood and righteousness for our eternal hope.  Sinners by nature need the regeneration of the Spirit that brings them to Himself.  All that love Christ demonstrate that they are in His hands; that is, we ought to love Christ in word and action.  No sinner should love the trifles in this life over the eternity of heaven.  May the Lord grant us His grace and peace in the love of His only-beloved Son!  Let us love the Father and the Son and glorify Him in the love of the Gospel as we seek to please Him!  Let us rest in His blood and righteousness and have a divine lust after His blood and righteousness!  My Dad taught me that no one can take us out of His hand and he was a predestinarian!  I am grateful for my Dad's teaching and his love of the Gospel.  May we walk according to the Gospel in the recognition of His love in His tender mercies in His blood and righteousness!  Amen, amen and amen.