The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

John 10: No Man Can Take Us Out of the Father's Hand

     No man or devil can take us out of the Father's hand; that is, the Triune grip of the Trinity holds us in His hand.  We ought to rejoice in this divine truth that no one can take us out of His hand.  We must praise the Lord Most High for no one can take us out of His hand.
     We are bought with a price by the Lord Christ and His Cross.   "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."  The Lord knows His own people; that is, they belong to Him.  "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." No one can take us out of His hand and He gives us eternal life.  And eternal life is ours through Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer and we have more then a hope in Christ Jesus.  "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  I and my Father are one."  The Father and the Son keep His people.  The Father and the Son are one in purpose and substance; that is, He saves His people through spiritual redemption in His life and at the Cross and through His bodily resurrection.  The Holy Spirit applies spiritual salvation to His people by the life and death of Christ alone; that is, it is done in spiritual redemption to His people (John 10:27-30 KJV)