The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Legacy of A Man of God: The Late Dr. Phillip J. Petillo, Sr

     My dad passed away on this day a year ago.  He was a man of God who stood for Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer.  We loved to sit down and talk about the Bible together.  We would talk about the Bible for hours and we enjoyed each others company and watched Bible videos together.  He enjoyed listening to Dr. Walter Martin, Dr. Robert Morey and Dr. RC Sproul.  My dad was a family man and he has five sons: Phillip, Stephen, Michael, David and Timothy.  He was a great dad and father, brother and friend in Christ.  He loved science, natural medicine in homeopathy, making things, building guitars and musical instruments and engineering.  He could also fix about anything that would break in the household.  If you needed something fixed, my dad would know what to do.  Towards the end of his life he used my book on repentance.  He found it a great comfort in his walk with Jesus.  He use to point out that no Christian could be taken out of the hand of God.  He use to stress this with me all the time.  I often go to his grave site to put a flower there.  I wish I could speak to him again and be with him.  But one day we will meet again and that day will be joyful.  I know my dad stands in garments of white in Jesus' imputed righteousness of His life and death.  We use to discuss the end times and he found it very exciting.  He loved the verses of casting our cares on Him, thinking of when Jesus will return to purify ourselves, and many are called but few are chosen.  I pray that my dad's name will never be forgotten in his legacy of guitars.  I believe he would have solved the energy crisis and before he died he was working on something that would have greatly helped society.  I bet He is making things in heaven and his favorite saint was Jubal the father of musical instruments (Genesis 4:21).   Here are some web sites that share my dad's work: www.petilloguitars.com and www.phil-luinc.com.