The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Does Jesus Need The Appeasement of Mary According to Jn 6:37?

What is the Bible’s teaching on coming to Jesus?  We ought always to come to Jesus.  We do not need to go through Mary to get to Jesus.  Jesus gives eternal life and God’s people shall never perish.  Whoever comes to Jesus will not hunger or thirst.  That is, God’s people will have eternal life. The explicit verse that contradicts Rome’s teaching of Mary’s intercession is John 6:37.  That is, He never casts out anyone who comes to Him by faith alone (see Ephesians 2:8-9 cf. Titus 3:5).  That means He does not need the intercession of Mary to appease or pacify His anger (as some Catholic prayers say).  The Bible teaches that Jesus always understands and He always forgives, because He NEVER casts out anyone who comes to me. 
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
Here is the unbiblical teaching of Romanism on Mary’s intercession:
956 The intercession of the saints. "Being more closely united to Christ, those who dwell in heaven fix the whole Church more firmly in holiness. . . . They do not cease to intercede with the Father for us, as they proffer the merits which they acquired on earth through the one mediator between God and men, Christ Jesus. . . . So by their fraternal concern is our weakness greatly helped."  Do not weep, for I shall be more useful to you after my death and I shall help you then more effectively than during my life. I want to spend my heaven in doing good on earth. 

2677 Holy Mary, Mother of God: With Elizabeth we marvel, "And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" Because she gives us Jesus, her son, Mary is Mother of God and our mother; we can entrust all our cares and petitions to her: she prays for us as she prayed for herself: "Let it be to me according to your word." By entrusting ourselves to her prayer, we abandon ourselves to the will of God together with her: "Thy will be done." Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death: By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the "Mother of Mercy," the All-Holy One. We give ourselves over to her now, in the Today of our lives. And our trust broadens further, already at the present moment, to surrender "the hour of our death" wholly to her care. May she be there as she was at her son's death on the cross. May she welcome us as our mother at the hour of our passing to lead us to her son, Jesus, in paradise.

2679 Mary is the perfect Orans (pray-er), a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father, who sends his Son to save all men. Like the beloved disciple we welcome Jesus' mother into our homes, for she has become the mother of all the living. We can pray with and to her. The prayer of the Church is sustained by the prayer of Mary and united with it in hope. 
I call faithful Roman Catholics to repentance and faith toward God and renewed obedience.  Rome’s teaching is clearly contrary to the Bible’s teaching on Jesus never casting anyone out who comes to Him.  I know the real Jesus who does not need to be appeased by Mary.  Rather He is perfect in His heavenly and ultimate intercession for God’s people.