The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Is the Father pleased with Another?

We must look at the Divine Word to examine the pleasure the Father had in His Son alone.  Lets examine the written Word of God:

Matthew 3:17 NIV
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Matthew 17:5 NIV
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Mark 1:11 NIV
And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Luke 3:22 NIV
and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
2 Peter 1:17 NIV
He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

If the Father was well-pleased with His Son alone, why do religions of men add to Jesus?  Rome adds to Jesus by saying Mary is our Mother and there are other intercessors.   The Scriptural fact is, there is no other like Jesus and the Father is not well-pleased in Jesus' mother.  I think these verses are a proof text for excluding anything but Jesus.  We are never to add to Jesus.  If we add to Jesus we become a religion of men.  We are to believe that the Father is well-pleased with His Son alone.  This is the essence of true hope.