The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Imputation and Jesus

Lets look at some verses on the word "imputation."  The Bible teaches that man is justified by Christ alone.  It is His imputed unified righteousness.  This is how we are right with God.

Psalm 32:2 KJV
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Romans 4:6 KJV
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Romans 4:8 KJV
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 4:11 KJV
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Romans 4:22 KJV
And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Romans 4:23 KJV
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 
Romans 4:24 KJV
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 
Romans 5:13 KJV 
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 
James 2:23 KJV
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Who is the Father well-pleased with?  Is it Mary and the saints?  No, it is the Father's Son alone.  Lets look at some verses:


Matthew 3:17 KJV
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 
Matthew 12:18 KJV
Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. 
Matthew 17:5 KJV
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. 
Mark 1:11 KJV
And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 
Luke 3:22 KJV
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.