The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Enemies, Forgiveness and Justice

The gospel is under constant assault by enemies of God; however, we enjoy the fellowship of the Triune God and His people in and through Jesus Christ our great God and Redeemer.  The assault against the gospel comes to us in many forms; that is, it comes to us in the form of ecumenicalism.  People want to unite but it is usually contrary to the gospel.  There is no compromise or middle ground.  I have searched to find a middle ground and I have found that it only muddles the divine truth of the gospel. 

There is forgiveness this day for the enemies of God; however, if they fail to make their peace with God by life-long and contrite repentance through Christ crucified it will end in eternal torment.  I am not saying that repentance saves us, but I am saying that the divine blood of Christ purifies us through and through.  Justice is either satisfied through punishment upon ourselves in hell or it is placed upon Jesus at the Cross.  I pray that my enemies would chose Jesus; that is, behind every genuine choice of Jesus is Jesus first choosing you.  We all need a divine Savior and God to redeem us from the curse of the law; however, no man can save himself but Jesus earned eternal redemption through His perfect life before Calvary.

Forgiveness and justice are real things and concepts; that is, truth is found in a Person and His name is Jesus Christ.  He lived for us because we could not fulfill the demands of the law of God.  We have failed to keep God's law perfectly but in our behalf Jesus has lived a perfect life for everyone of the believing ones.  We desperately need the perfect life of Jesus Christ in our behalf; however, if we add to His perfect work of living a perfect life we have muddled His saving merit.  No one should add to His work of living a immaculate life before God and man; that is, He had no sin in and of Himself.  He indeed did bore the sins of God's people that was applied to Him at the Cross; that is, all kinds of filthy sin was imputed to Him at the Cross for all the believing ones.

I think the greatest gift we can offer this rebellious world is not wealth, because it fades away and comes as quick as it goes.  It is not in success, because situations can fail us.  It is not in criminal pursuits because they are vain; however, it is in the goodness of forgiving the wrongs done to us.  This goodness does not come from us, but it comes from God's goodness.  We have no goodness in and of ourselves.  We desperately need God's goodness and it comes in the gift of Jesus Christ unto eternal life.  I have seen people abuse the divine grace of Jesus Christ and sin like the devil before and after my conversion to Him.  I think it is a matter of trusting Jesus and looking to Him alone and keeping Him as our supreme example; however, if we make sinful creatures as our example we will be disgusted, disgraced and frustrated.  That is, we must follow Jesus in all things and seek to do what Jesus would do.  This does not earn us spiritual salvation, because we cannot earn salvation; however, we can merit hell by our deeds because all human beings do is sin.  We have a totally corrupt nature and we are mortally wounded.  We desperately need God's divine grace through His written testimonies in His divine Word.  I needed His divine grace before I was converted.  I needed His forgiveness.  It came at His appointed time; that is, no one is beyond the power of forgiveness by God through His dear Son.  The greatest sinner needs only to trust Christ as their Savior and Lord!

I suffered a great deal before my conversion; however, that does not mean I did not suffer after conversion.  After conversion, all hell broke loose against me because the godly will suffer.  I suffered before conversion by all sorts of people.  Some were religious and some were even Christian!  However, I want to set the record straight; that is, I forgive all the sorts of people who harmed me at this specific time in my life.  I could ask for justice for them, but I pray God will forgive them through His Son.  There is no greater thing in life than the forgiveness of Jesus Christ.  I offer them His greatest gift; that is, His very unified imputed merit of His life and death alone in the victory of His resurrection through simple trust in Jesus Christ.  May all sinners know Jesus as He is proclaimed in the written Scriptures.  Amen.