The Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost. It is Jesus' favorite title of Himself. I chosen this title because Jesus loved this title of Himself. We ought to never forget that Jesus is fully God and fully man: two natures in One Person. He is the God-man, the Incarnate Second Person of the Trinity. May we mediate on His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension that we may be conformed to the image of the divine Son of Man! This blog web site will be a Christian defense of the Reformed doctrines of the Incarnate Son of Man. May all glory be to His name!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Paul's Writings and Repentance

Here are Paul's writings on repentance but I did not include the book of Hebrews.  Next session I will write on the book of Hebrews.  But the question you must ask yourself is, do you repent?  Have you found your sin and repented of it?  Do you consistently repent or is it a one time event?  I think the Bible teaches us to repent of all our sins in short accounts to God through His Son's shed blood.  There are many devils in the world who would want to undo us and cancel out our repentance.  It is because they hate God and their fellow man.  We are called to love God and our fellow man.  May everyone repent of their sins!  Moreover, we should know that it is by God's kindness that we repent.  

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to
repentance?
Romans 11:29

For the gifts and calling of God are without
repentance.
2 Corinthians 7:8

For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not
repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
2 Corinthians 7:9

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to
repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
2 Corinthians 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh
repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2 Corinthians 12:21

And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not
repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
2 Timothy 2:25

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them
repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;